We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Mental Health Expert to join our public health team. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in gender analysis and have experience working on health projects, preferably with a focus on HIV. Familiarity with Nigerian socio-cultural norms and structures is essential. The candidate should also have knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR gender policies and strategies. The role requires strong research skills, proficiency in gender analysis tools and methodologies, and the ability to analyze complex issues and produce comprehensive technical reports. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity are crucial for successful collaboration with USAID, implementing partners, government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders. This program will be implemented in 26 states across Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct gender analysis within the context of health projects, with a particular emphasis on HIV interventions.
- Utilize research methods to gather relevant data and information for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Apply gender analysis tools and methodologies in the septic area of intervention, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the impact on mental health.
- Analyze complex issues and draw relevant conclusions to inform decision-making processes.
- Produce high-quality technical reports that effectively communicate findings, recommendations, and strategies.
- Collaborate and liaise with USAID, implementing partners, government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
- Provide guidance and technical support to project teams, ensuring the integration of mental health considerations in program design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Stay updated on the latest research, best practices, and advancements in the field of mental health, with a focus on gender-related issues.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of capacity-building initiatives related to mental health for relevant stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of cultural sensitivity and respect, particularly in multiethnic and multireligious contexts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in Mental health, Public Health, Psychology, or a related field.
- Proven experience working in the public health space, with a focus on mental health and gender analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian socio-cultural norms and structures.
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR gender policies and strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in research methods, including data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Proficiency in gender analysis tools and methodologies within the context of health interventions.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to draw meaningful conclusions from complex data.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of successfully collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a range of audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- High level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to navigate multiethnic and multireligious contexts.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject, i.e., “Mental Health/Psychosocial Support Expert”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.